Online Courses and Tutorials
Online Self-Study Courses
Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
A comprehensive, clearly written, and understandable overview of the Americans with Disability Act. After completing this self-study course, you will have a good understanding of the ADA and be able to answer the following questions:
• What is the Americans with Disabilities Act?
• What is "discrimination" under the ADA?
• Do I have a "disability" under the ADA?
• What is "a qualified individual?"
• What may an employer ask about my medical condition?
• What is a "reasonable accommodation?"
• When can an employer discipline or fire an employee with a mental disability?
• What if an employer refuses my request for a reasonable accommodation?
If you are a business, organization, or agency…
You may also be interested in the Reaching Out to Customers with Disabilities tutorial below, an online ADA course for businesses.
A Guide to Preparing and Giving Legislative Testimony
This online self-study course includes guidelines for preparing and giving legislative testimony plus two examples of actual testimony given at two public hearings. Whether you are planning to speak at a legislative hearing or just submit written testimony, this tutorial will help you deliver an effective message.
An Introduction to Developing Cultural Competency
This course provides an introduction to the components of cultural competency. It lists characteristics of culturally competent programs and covers some of the basic aspects of cultural knowledge, awareness, sensitivity, and competence for several ethnic groups plus deaf persons (persons with a hearing disability).
…return to Previous Page