Job Opportunities and Employment Resources
Links to other job search, employment, and career opportunity websites.
- Guide for Job Seekers and Workers with a Disability
Your rights when looking for a job and getting reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
- Connecticut Career Fairs
Upcoming career fairs across Connecticut from the CT Department of Labor. Unlike other fairs that are profit-driven, our main concern is connecting skilled and qualified job seekers with employment opportunities that local companies have to offer.
- Simply Hired
Simply Hired has built the largest online database of jobs. It is a simple and effective job search engine that lets you search for jobs by job title or category as well as location. See CT job postings on Simply Hired for links to all Connecticut job listings on Simply Hired plus listings for the major cities in Connecticut.
- Ability Jobs
This site provides a place where people with disabilities can seek employment, confident that they will be evaluated solely on their skills and experience. The goal of Ability Jobs and Job Access (now part of Ability Jobs) is to enable people with disabilities to enhance their professional lives by providing a dedicated system for finding employment. By posting job opportunities, or searching resumes, employers can find qualified persons with disabilities as well as demonstrate their affirmative action and open door policies. Ability Jobs is the leading website dedicated to employment of people with disabilities.
- Ability Beyond
For over 55 years, Ability Beyond Disability has been the premiere resource helping individuals with disabilities pursue lives that most people take for granted. Finding homes where people can live, providing supports that they can count on, training them to work and then helping them to find jobs. And above all, teaching people the skills so that they can make friends, pursue their interests, feel good about themselves by volunteering, and in essence…have a life.
Ability Beyond Disability also specializes in creating employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities and the economically challenged. Are you someone with a disability who is looking for a job? Are you an agency, organization, corporation, or business looking to hire someone with a disability? Then check out Employment Resources available from Ability Beyond.
The job opportunity website for persons with disabilities and inclusive employers -- a valuable resource for both job seekers and employers: find jobs, post resumes, post jobs, search resumes.
AbilityLinks is a nationwide, web-based community where qualified job seekers with disabilities and inclusive employers meet and gain access to valuable networking opportunities.
If you're an equal opportunity employer seeking to identify qualified candidates with disabilities, you can use AbilityLinks to post jobs, search resumes, and receive applications and resumes from AbilityLinks job seekers. There is no charge to post a job or search resumes.
If you're a person with disability, you are protected by equal opportunity employment law and subject to affirmative action by federal contractors. You can take advantage of your protected status by using AbilityLinks to post a resume and apply for jobs.
- Community Enterprises, Inc.
The mission of Community Enterprises, Inc. is to support self-determination for individuals with disabilities and/or other challenges to actively live, learn, and work in the community. With service center locations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York, Community Enterprises offers Supported Employment Programs, Vocational Services, Educational Supports and many other services for people with disabilities. For a complete list of their services, see CEI's Programs and Services. Visit their website at www.communityenterprises.com.
- Connect-Ability - Connecticut Launches Ground-Breaking Employment Initiative For People With Disabilities. Connect-Ability began with a federal grant to the State of Connecticut to identify and remove barriers to employment faced by people with disabilities. This five-year, multi-million dollar systems change grant involved a detailed look at the State's employment and disability services infrastructure in order to identify problem areas and implement lasting solutions. See Career Center and follow the links on the left of the page.
- CW Resources, Inc. - A private, not for profit organization specializing in creating employment and training opportunities for persons with disabilities and the economically challenged. CW Resources can help you find work or can put you to work!
- Hire Disability Solutions
Hire Disability Solutions is an affiliate of Monster.com that is devoted to the employment of people with disabilities. Their goal is to empower individuals with disabilities to reach their goals by providing them with the tools to succeed. Tools for resume building, posting, and job searching through thousands of job listings are among the resources available on the Hire Disability Solutions website.
- JobAccess - Job Access is now part of Ability Jobs. Visit JobAccess to find jobs available for persons with disabilities. The goal of JobAccess is to enable people with disabilities to enhance their lives by providing a dedicated system for finding employment. Employers are encouraged to post job openings on JobAccess.
- Other job search sites specifically for people with disabilities
- CT.Jobs - Connecticut's Job Bank (Formerly CT Job Central) - Thousands of new jobs posted daily.
…return to Previous Page